Who doesn’t love Ice Cream?
I present to you, the Easiest, very yummy, vegan and waste free Banana Ice Cream?
You need one ingredient:
Maybe you’ll need some milk, depending on the consistency of the bananas.
- 1 Large, Ripe (but not overly ripe) Banana
- 1 to 3 Teaspoons milk (If needed)
Peel the Bananas and cut them into small pieces. Much like the image above. The size and shape doesn’t really matter, but they should all be more or less even.
Freeze the bananas in an airtight container, preferably overnight, but if you’re in a stretch for time, 2 to 3 hours should do it. But overnight is better…
Use a small food processor or powerful blender. I don’t have a food processor, but apparently it works better than a blender.
The trick? Blending…
- Pulse the pieces first
- Keep on blending until the mixture looks “crumbly,” as if it’s been smashed with a fork.
- Scrape the crumbly mixture down the sides.
- Keep blending – It will look gooeye, more mushed up like.
- Scrape down again
- Keep blending… Till it looks like oatmeal (This is smoother, but still with chunks of banana in it. )
- You guessed it, keep blending. The mixture will become creamy, like soft serve ice cream.
- Blend a dash more, to aerate it apparently. This is also the stage where you can add anything else you fancy (choc chips, syrup, PB, see list below)
- Back to freezer until solid. If you eat it immediately without freezing it, it’ll be like soft serve.
AND THAT’S IT!
If your mixture didn’t quite turn out as above, and it’s all crumbly and hard, just add the milk while blending. (My milk of choice is Rice Milk. It’s sweet and creamy, but not overly sweet like Soy and not as thin/watery as nut milk.)
Stuff To Add:
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (I tried this personally! It’s DELIGHTFUL!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, cardamom, or ginger
- Some chocolate chips
- Scoop of cookie butter
- Coffee? (Havent tried this, and didn’t find it suggested anywhere. If you added coffee, lemme know it was.
So, that’s it. Try it and lemme know what you think!