Yes, I know it’s Thursday; this blog post is a tiny bit late….
I’ll be back on track this week, hopefully. So, without further ado, here’s a really, really awesome pattie recipe. It’s Michael approved too! 🙂
Chickpea Burger Patties:
No animals were harmed in the making of these patties.
- 1 can chickpeas. Drained, rinsed and mashed. (I mashed half, and blended half. Don’t blend too long or you’ll have hummus.)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped or grated.
- 2 or 3 carrots, grated
- Fresh coriander (aka Cilantro and Dhana) finely chopped
- Handful of finely chopped spinach
- Bread crumbs
- Tomato paste (or All Gold sauce if you’re South African. It’s better than ketchup)
- Salt, pepper and spices or herbs to taste
- Mix it all together.
- Add approximately 1 to 2 table spoons tomato paste (I used tomato sauce,) bread crumbs water and cornstarch.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and spices or dried herbs (I used garlic salt, lemon pepper, bbq spice and thyme)
- Mix some more.
- If the mixture is too wet or runny, add some more flour and/or crumbs.
- Chill it for an hour or so (I left mine in the fridge overnight.)
- Make patties and fry. I grilled ’em on my Geogre Foreman.
Easy peasy and delicious as hell!
This week I’ll be trying my hand at vegan cheese, so stay tuned for that
Posted from WordPress for Android